Wednesday, August 12, 2026

The Last Guest


I will come for you,

just as I have for everyone else.


When the time is right,

when you are done watching your life unwind.


At the end, when everything will be alright,

at the end, there will be a door.


I hope you greet me with a smile.

and I will embrace you with moistened eyes.


And finally, you will recognise me.

Not by my bony face,

nor by the darkness clinging to my skin,

but by something you have always known.


Because, at the end, 

I am the beginning.


We will travel beyond the stars,

through galaxies without names,

making memories

that time can never break.


And then, once again,

I will say goodbye.


I will treasure our memories,

and once again when the curtains fall,

I will be there.


After decades, we will meet again.

I will come for you

with the same warm embrace.


And hopefully,

just hopefully,

you will recognise me

before you forget.


- Anshu Sharma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home